This cashew hen recipe isn’t nearly as good as takeout … it’s higher! It’s mild, contemporary, and wholesome, however bursting along with your favourite Asian flavors. And it solely takes half-hour to make!
Fast and Straightforward Home made Chinese language Hen
I don’t find out about you, however I like Chinese language takeout. It’s such a soothing and comforting meals to order, and there’s a lot taste. One among my favourite issues to order after I get Asian takeout is cashew hen. After which I spotted I may simply begin making it at house! This cashew hen recipe has a lot extra taste than what you get if you order takeout, and it’s considerably more healthy too. It barely has any oil, and it’s loaded with lean hen and tons of veggies.
And better of all? You want lower than half an hour to make this recipe! It actually takes considerably much less time than going to your native Chinese language restaurant for takeout. This recipe is straightforward sufficient you could throw it collectively on a weekday if you get house from work. However it tastes so good that it really works as an important day meal on the weekends, too. You’ve positively obtained to offer it a attempt.
What You’ll Want
Listed below are all the substances that you simply’ll want for this contemporary and flavorful Chinese language cashew hen recipe. Scroll to the recipe card on the backside of the article to see the precise quantities for every ingredient.
- Hen breasts: You’ll want skinless and boneless breasts for this recipe.
- Freshly Floor Black Pepper
- Pink pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Oyster sauce
- Soy sauce: You need to use low-sodium soy sauce for cashew hen.
- Hen broth: Make sure you use low-sodium hen broth.
- Rice vinegar
- Inexperienced bell pepper
- Pink bell pepper
- Onion: I exploit a yellow onion for this recipe, however a white or pink onion will work, too.
- Cashews: You need to use unsalted roasted cashews for this hen dish.
- Inexperienced onion
How you can Make Cashew Hen
Right here’s the right way to make this better-than-takeout hen dish in simply 25 minutes.
- Season the hen. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Warmth a wok. Preheat a wok over excessive warmth, then add olive oil.
- Cook dinner the hen. Add the hen to the wok and stir fry till it begins to brown and is cooked right through. This could take 7-8 minutes.
- Make the sauce. Whereas the hen cooks, add the hen inventory, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, and cornstarch to a bowl. Whisk to mix.
- Add the veggies. Put the bell peppers and onions within the wok and prepare dinner till the onions grow to be smooth and translucent. This could take about 3 minutes.
- Pour within the sauce. Add the sauce to the wok and prepare dinner till it begins to thicken, which ought to take about 3 minutes.
- End. Add the cashews and the inexperienced onions, and toss till the substances are effectively mixed. Then take away from the warmth and serve.
Suggestions for Success
Listed below are some methods and ideas that you should utilize if you attempt making this simple takeout hen recipe.
- Brown the hen. It’s so vital that you simply actually brown the hen if you prepare dinner it. Browning the meat is the way you get essentially the most taste. Cook dinner the hen within the wok till it has a very nice shade on it. If the hen isn’t browning very simply, enhance the temperature.
- Make it gluten-free. This can be a very easy recipe to make gluten-free. The soy sauce is the one ingredient on this dish that has gluten. You possibly can simply substitute the soy sauce with tamari, or with gluten-free soy sauce if you will discover it.
- Reduce persistently. Be sure that to chop the veggies and the hen items to constant sizes. That manner all the things will prepare dinner on the identical velocity. In case your greens are all reduce to completely different sizes, then some might be undercooked and a few might be overcooked. Equally, in case your hen isn’t reduce persistently, then you definitely’ll dry out the small items when you end cooking the bigger items.
Listed below are a number of questions which are generally requested about this wholesome cashew hen.
Completely! A wok is the most effective instrument for this recipe, however a big skillet will work simply fantastic too.
Whereas I favor to make this recipe with hen breasts, you’ll be able to positively use hen thighs for those who favor. Simply make sure that to make use of boneless and skinless thighs.
This recipe has a number of substances that vegetarians can’t eat, however you’ll be able to simply substitute them. If you wish to make the dish vegetarian, substitute the hen with tofu (or your favourite hen substitute), the hen broth with vegetable broth, and the oyster sauce with hoisin.
I often serve cashew hen over white rice, however generally I exploit brown rice, quinoa, or noodles. I additionally like to serve this dish with some tasty Asian facet dishes. Listed below are a number of of my favorites that go exceptionally effectively with Chinese language hen:
How you can Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
- Leftover cashew hen will final within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Simply make sure that to retailer it in an hermetic container. You possibly can reheat the leftovers over medium warmth for about 5 minutes or in a microwave in 20-second intervals till heated right through.
Can You Freeze This Recipe?
- You possibly can positively freeze this recipe for straightforward meals any night time of the week. Retailer the cashew hen in an hermetic container and it’ll final within the freezer for 4 months. Make sure you absolutely thaw or defrost the hen earlier than you reheat it.
Extra Straightforward and Wholesome Hen Recipes
Hen may be my favourite protein. It’s tasty, wholesome, and often fairly simple to prepare dinner. Listed below are a number of extra hen recipes which are each wholesome and simple to make.
- 1 pound boneless skinless hen breasts, reduce into 1-inch cubes
- salt and contemporary floor pepper, to style
- ¼ teaspoon pink pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup natural low-sodium hen broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pink bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ cup unsalted roasted cashews
- inexperienced onion, chopped
- cooked rice, quinoa, brown rice, or noodles, for serving
Season hen with salt, black pepper and pink pepper flakes.
Preheat a wok over excessive warmth.
Warmth the olive oil within the preheated pan.
Add the hen and stir-fry for 7 to eight minutes, or till the hen is cooked by means of and begins to brown.
Within the meantime, whisk collectively the sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, hen inventory, cornstarch, garlic and rice vinegar.
Add the bell peppers and onion to the wok and prepare dinner for 3 minutes, or till the onion softens and turns into translucent.
Pour the ready sauce over the hen and prepare dinner for 3 extra minutes, or till the sauce begins to thicken.
Add the cashews and inexperienced onions and toss all the things collectively.
Take away from warmth.
Serve over rice or noodles instantly.
- Hen: I used boneless skinless hen breasts to maintain it “skinny,” however if you need, you too can use boneless, skinless hen thighs. Additionally, it will be significant that you simply brown the hen when cooking it. Browning the meat is the way you get essentially the most taste. Cook dinner the hen within the wok till it’s golden brown.
Reduce the veggies and the hen items to equal sizes; that manner, all the things will prepare dinner on the identical time. In case your greens and hen are all reduce to completely different sizes, some items might be undercooked, and a few might be overcooked.
- Exchange the soy sauce with tamari to make a gluten-free model.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for 4 days or within the freezer for 4 months.
- Reheat over medium warmth on the range for five minutes or in a microwave in 20-second increments till heated by means of.
Serving: 1 g | Energy: 334 kcal | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Protein: 30 g | Fats: 17 g | Saturated Fats: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 9 g | Trans Fats: 0.01 g | Ldl cholesterol: 73 mg | Sodium: 963 mg | Potassium: 766 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 1113 IU | Vitamin C: 66 mg | Calcium: 36 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Web Carbs: 13 g
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could fluctuate in line with the substances and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.