Keep in mind these flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? I first made them again in 2013 and slowly however certainly they took over Pinterest and gained your hearts. Now they’re one in all my hottest cookie recipes OF ALL TIME.
So say hello to my ridiculously handsome, chewy, thick, wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies with puddles of chocolate in each chew. Right here’s the key: they’re made with out flour or butter!
Wait… WHAT? I swear this isn’t a joke.
First, I have to confess that I LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut butter. I’m undoubtedly a type of individuals who feels prefer it completes me indirectly. A few of chances are you’ll really feel this fashion about Nutella and I completely get it; nut butters are creamy, addictive, and superior unfold on absolutely anything. I normally do it animal-style aka straight out of the jar with a spoon.
In any case, these cookies? Good for people who find themselves explicitly in love with peanut butter.
FREE Final Information to Cookie Baking
Enroll beneath and get a FREE printable e-book with my greatest ideas & methods for baking excellent cookies each time!
What makes these peanut butter oatmeal cookies wholesome?
These are really essentially the most magical peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies as a result of they’re full of sneaky, nutrient-dense components however nonetheless style oh-so indulgent. They’re additionally:
- Made with none flour! We’re simply utilizing nutrient-dense, entire grain oatmeal for the right cookie texture. This retains the cookies gluten free (in the event you use gluten free oats) whereas including a lift of fiber.
- Dairy free as a result of there’s no butter concerned.
- Made with none additional oil. Simply the pure oils and wholesome fat from peanut butter!
- Filled with a protein punch because of peanut butter & eggs. Cookies for breakfast, anybody?
Substances in these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies
As a result of these cookies include no butter or flour, they’re filled with true peanut butter taste. Plus they use simply 7 key components! Right here’s what you’ll have to make them:
- Peanut butter: I used all pure creamy peanut butter, however chunky peanut butter can even work. In case you do occur to be allergic to peanuts, almond butter can even work nicely. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15‘ to get 15% off of my fav nut butter model, Wild Mates!
- Sweetener: I really like utilizing brown sugar on this recipe. In case you choose an unrefined sweetener then I recommend utilizing coconut sugar. I’ve additionally made these with 1/2 cup of brown sugar as a substitute of two/3 cup they usually nonetheless got here out nice however simply style a little bit extra oatmeal-like.
- Vanilla: for that cozy taste we all know and love. Discover ways to make your personal right here!
- Eggs: you’ll want two eggs for these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
- Oatmeal: be certain to make use of common quaint rolled oats on this recipe. And bear in mind to buy licensed gluten-free oats if you’re baking for somebody who’s gluten-intolerant.
- Baking soda: to verify these peanut butter oatmeal cookies bake up thick & chewy.
- Chocolate chips: I really like including chocolate chips to those cookies however they’re optionally available. You can too use fewer chocolate chips in the event you’re making an attempt to observe your sugar consumption. I feel 1/2 cup chocolate chips could be excellent too!
- Non-obligatory: a sprinkle of flaky sea salt for that candy & salty combo.
Customise your peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- Select your nut butter. Be happy to make use of any nut butter you’d like. Almond butter would even be scrumptious.
- Strive new mix-ins. Have enjoyable together with your favourite add-ins like nuts, M&M’s, raisins, cranberries, white chocolate, or butterscotch chips. Or perhaps attempt a chocolate drizzle! You can too omit any chocolate to maintain them strictly peanut butter. In case you’re craving monster cookies, attempt my wholesome monster cookie recipe.
- Go refined sugar free. Use coconut sugar and omit the chocolate chips to make them absolutely refined sugar free.
Can I make them vegan?
I haven’t examined this recipe with flax eggs however let me know in the event you do!
Find out how to make wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies
The perfect half about these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies is how straightforward they’re to make. You’ll have heat, thick & chewy cookies in below 20 minutes!
- Prep your pan. Preheat your oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry components. In a small bowl combine collectively the oats and baking soda.
- Make the dough. In a separate, massive bowl combine collectively the moist components till clean. Add within the dry components and blend wwith a picket spoon, then gently fold within the chocolate chips.
- Roll & bake. Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls, place them in your baking sheet, and simply BARELY flatten the tops of the cookies together with your hand. Bake them up till the perimeters barely start to show a golden brown.
- Cool & take pleasure in! Let the cookies cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet then switch them to a wire rack to chill utterly. Sprinkle every cookie with flakey sea salt and revel in!
Storing & freezing ideas
- To retailer: be at liberty to maintain these cookies in an hermetic container at room temperature for 1-2 days, then switch to the fridge or freezer.
- To freeze: be certain the cookies are utterly cooled, after which switch them to an hermetic container lined with wax or parchment paper or freezer-safe bag earlier than storing them within the freezer for as much as 2 months. I like to position them in a single layer to keep away from any cookies breaking. As soon as able to eat, merely thaw out at room temperature and revel in! You additionally freeze the dough itself — get all of our ideas for doing so right here!
Extra cookie recipes you’ll love
Get all of my cookie recipes right here!
In case you make these wholesome peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, make sure you go away a remark beneath and price the recipe! You can too snap and movie and put up it on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen.
Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thick, chewy peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies made with 7 easy components. These flourless wholesome peanut butter oatmeal cookies are stuffed with that nostalgic, scrumptious peanut butter taste and love, however are gluten free and dairy free! The right deal with for kiddos and adults.
pure creamy peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
packed darkish brown sugar
rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
chocolate chips, dairy free if desired
- Flakey sea salt for sprinkling on prime
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In small bowl combine collectively the oats and baking soda; put aside.
In a big bowl combine collectively peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla till clean. Combine in dry components with a picket spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
Roll cookies into 2-inch dough balls and place 2 inches aside on the ready baking sheet. BARELY flatten the highest of the cookie together with your hand. The dough ought to be fairly sticky so in the event you discover this methodology annoying, merely use a cookie scoop to drop the cookie dough onto the ready baking sheet. The cookies might not be as spherical in form and maybe a bit thicker, however that is okay, they are going to nonetheless be scrumptious!
Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes and take away when edges barely start to show a golden brown. The cookies could look a little bit underdone, however they are going to proceed to cook dinner when you take away them from the oven.
Cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet then switch to a wire rack to chill utterly. Sprinkle every cookie with flakey sea salt. Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Makes 16-20 cookies.
You need to use much less sugar or much less chocolate chips — I’ve tried utilizing 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup chocolate chips they usually turned out nice.
Be happy to substitute almond butter or one other nut butter in exchange of peanut butter.
Servings: 18 cookies
Serving dimension: 1 cookie
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This put up was initially revealed on March fifth, 2013, republished on December twenty sixth, 2018, republished on August thirtieth, 2020, and republished on January sixteenth, 2023.