This banana cream pie chia seed pudding is creamy, candy, and filled with yummy banana taste! Recent bananas, caramelized in a scrumptious honey butter sauce and layered with silky chia seeds, make for a candy deal with any time of day.
Scrumptious Banana Chia Pudding
We LOVE chia pudding recipes right here at Match Foodie Finds, and this time, we’ve actually outdone ourselves with this banana chia seed pudding.
Initially, the honey-butter caramelized bananas make it style JUST like a banana cream pie. Second, it’s topped with graham cracker crumbs for the ULTIMATE crunchy, creamy, flavorful combo. And lastly… it tastes so good; you wouldn’t imagine it’s wholesome. We’ve bought a winner!
Chia seed pudding is a dish the place you primarily soak chia seeds in liquid, the place they increase right into a gelatinous substance. When mixed with banana, honey butter, and oat milk, it tastes precisely like banana cream pie!
Why you’ll like it!
Makes for easy meal prep.
It’s one of many healthiest methods to fulfill your candy tooth.
Scrumptious AND nutritious!
The Excellent Wholesome Breakfast or Snack
I’ve been cooking, consuming, and baking with chia seeds so long as I can keep in mind. They really are a superfood and for therefore many causes.
Listed below are some enjoyable chia seed information
- Full of omega-3 fatty acids
- Excessive in protein and fiber
- Nice supply of calcium
- Helps you poop!
- Wealthy in antioxidants
Chia seeds are gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and dairy-free. Moreover, their diet profile is fairly stellar, too! Test it out:
chia seeds diet
Per 2 tablespoons:
- 139 energy
- 4g protein
- 9g complete fats
- 12g carbs
- 11g fiber
Banana Cream Pie Chia Pudding Substances
- Chia seeds: any type of chia seeds work. The most typical chia seeds you will discover are black and white chia seeds. We’ve used each! Our #1 tip is to ensure your chia seeds are as recent as potential and never expired, or they won’t increase.
- Oat milk: we desire unsweetened, plain oat milk for this scrumptious recipe, however you should utilize any type of milk or liquid you need. Coconut milk, almond milk, cow’s milk, and so on., work simply as nice!
- Vanilla extract: vanilla provides additional taste whereas enhancing the opposite great flavors of banana, graham cracker, and honey.
- Honey: used to make scrumptious honey butter that the bananas cook dinner in. It additionally acts as a wholesome, pure sweetener.
- Salt: a pinch of salt makes all of the candy substances of this chia pudding even sweeter!
- Butter: mixed with honey, butter creates a creamy consistency for that basic banana cream pie style.
- Bananas: you may’t have banana cream pie chia pudding with out bananas!
- Graham crackers: makes for the proper, crunchy, and flavorful topping!
#1 Chia Seed Pudding Tip
The way to Make Banana Cream Pie Chia Seed Pudding
STEP 1: PREP + SET
Combine collectively chia seeds, oat milk, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of honey in a medium bowl till nicely mixed. Ensure the honey is totally dissolved and isn’t sticking to the underside of the bowl.
Then add a pinch of salt to the bowl and stir once more. Cowl the bowl and refrigerate in a single day or for a minimum of 6 hours.
*Professional Tip: If the pudding comes out too thick, add a number of extra tablespoons of oat milk to make the pudding creamy.
STEP 2: CARAMELIZE BANANAS
As soon as the pudding has thickened, warmth a big skillet over medium-high warmth and add butter. Enable the bananas to cook dinner for 3 to 4 minutes on either side or till the bananas start to caramelize. Then, take away them from the pan.
STEP 3: ASSEMBLE + EAT!
Seize a jar or glass and add about 2 tablespoons of chia seed pudding to the underside. Subsequent, add a layer of caramelized banana (3-4 slices) and prime with one other 2 tablespoons of pudding.
Add another layer of bananas, then prime with whip cream and graham cracker crumbs. Repeat till you could have 4 small cups of banana cream pie chia seed pudding. Serve and luxuriate in!
Chia seed pudding is creamy and has a barely seedy, gelatinous texture. Consequently, it’s the proper impartial base for including numerous candy flavors. In different phrases, the style of your pudding will in the end rely on what substances you add to it.
Since dry chia seeds take in roughly 10-12 instances their weight in liquid, consuming them could cause an elevated threat of choking. Though uncommon, it’s nonetheless vital to maintain this in thoughts when consuming these little seeds.
Chia pudding that doesn’t thicken is because of both stale chia seeds or poor mixing. Subsequent time you make chia seed pudding, test the date in your chia seeds and completely stir your substances collectively.
Retailer chia seed pudding in an hermetic container (like a mason jar) within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Chia seed pudding is a good dessert or snack to double or triple as a result of it lasts for therefore lengthy within the fridge!