This wholesome Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing is vegan, gluten-free, and so scrumptious, good for meal-prep and requires no reheating!
Rainbow Quinoa Salad
I’ve been making rainbow salads for my daughter Madison since she was little or no. She often asks me to make them, so I all the time have a colourful assortment of greens available. I change it up, generally with radishes instead of tomatoes or inexperienced olives instead of cucumbers. Truthfully, I exploit no matter is in my fridge! Quinoa salads are the proper lunch or a potluck facet dish, and a few of my different favorites are this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Avocado Quinoa Salad, and Quinoa Black Bean Salad.
What are the advantages of consuming quinoa?
Although technically a seed, quinoa is a grain excessive in protein and fiber. It’s additionally an entire protein, that means it has “all 9 important amino acids that our our bodies can not make on their very own.“ One cup of cooked quinoa gives about eight grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. It’s additionally wealthy in different vitamins, together with magnesium, iron, fiber, and manganese.
Do you eat quinoa salad chilly or heat?
You eat this rainbow quinoa salad chilly, which makes it good for making forward because you don’t must reheat it.
Quinoa Salad Components
- Quinoa: You’ll want 4 cups of cooked quinoa, which is about one and a 3rd cups of raw quinoa.
- Greens: Shredded brussels sprouts, purple cabbage, and carrots, yellow bell peppers, mini cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes
- Lemon Dressing: Lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper
Methods to Prepare dinner Quinoa for Salad
Correctly cooking quinoa for salads is crucial to keep away from mushy quinoa. If you happen to make it on the range, use much less water than the bundle recommends. For one cup of uncooked quinoa, use 1 ¾ cups of water or broth (not two cups which is what the directions say). You too can make it within the Prompt Pot in the event you want.
Methods to Make Quinoa Salad
- Whisk the dressing components in a small bowl.
- Put a cup of quinoa in every of the 4 bowls, and high it with 1 / 4 of the veggies in rainbow order, beginning with purple and ending with purple.
- Pour the dressing over the salads and alter the salt and pepper if wanted.
What number of days is quinoa salad good for?
Rainbow quinoa salad is sweet for as much as 5 days within the fridge. Meal prep it in 4 two-cup containers and have it for lunches all through the week.
- For further protein, add some black beans or chickpeas. If you wish to add meat, diced hen breast or eggs would work.
- Substitute purple or tricolor quinoa.
- Use inexperienced olives or jalapenos instead of cucumbers.
- If you happen to can’t discover mini cucumbers, use a big English cucumber.
- If you happen to don’t thoughts your salad being quick a rainbow coloration, purple or orange bell pepper will work in the event you don’t have yellow.
- Substitute grape tomatoes for cherry.
- Save Time: Use the shredding disc in your meals processor to shortly shred the brussels sprouts, cabbage, and carrots. You too can purchase them pre-shredded from the grocery store.
- Cheese: Prime the quinoa salad with feta or goat cheese.
- Herbs: Add contemporary herbs, like basil or parsley.
- Serve it to a crowd and blend all of the components in a big bowl. You too can simply double or triple the recipe.
Extra Quinoa Recipes You’ll Love:
Your feedback are useful! If you happen to’ve tried this wholesome Rainbow Quinoa Salad recipe or every other on Skinnytaste, don’t neglect to fee the recipe and depart me remark beneath. And in the event you took a photograph of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare it on my Tales!
Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing
Eat the rainbow! This wholesome Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dressing is vegan, gluten-free, and so scrumptious, good for meal-prep and requires no reheating!
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- contemporary black pepper, to style
- 4 cups cooked quinoa, from about 1 1/3 cups
- 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded or skinny sliced carrots
- 1 cup yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup diced mini cucumbers
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
Mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk effectively.
Add one cup quinoa in every bowl. Prime with 1/4 cup of every of the greens in rainbow order beginning with purple, ending in purple.
Pour the dressing over the salad, alter salt and pepper, as wanted.
Serving: 21/2 cups, Energy: 394kcal, Carbohydrates: 51g, Protein: 10.5g, Fats: 17g, Saturated Fats: 2.5g, Sodium: 184mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 7g
Key phrases: quinoa salad, rainbow salad, vegan salad