Should you’ve been on the lookout for a wholesome granola recipe with NO added sugar, that is the one! This Sugar Free Granola is crispy, crunchy and wonderful whereas supplying you with wholesome fat, protein, and energy-boosting entire grains with out the added sweeteners.
For extra sugar-free snacks, take a look at this publish with 50 concepts!
Why We Love This Granola
You’ll love how crunchy and flavorful this granola is, with none sugar added! I’ve by no means cherished a very candy granola – particularly after I’m topping my yogurt with it. This granola offers you all of the crunch and flavors of candy oats, crunchy nuts and coconut with out being overly candy!
The very best half about making granola sugar free is that you would be able to add so many scrumptious fruits for pure sweetness! Whether or not you add dried fruit to take the granola on the go, or recent fruit like blueberries to combine into your breakfast, that’s 100% the place we wish to get the sugar we eat. Fruit sugar that comes within the type of entire meals is one of the simplest ways to eat sugar as a result of it doesn’t spike your blood sugars like added sugars do.
Components for Sugar Free Granola
- Previous Common Oats: Granola is at all times greatest with quaint or rolled oats to present that candy nutty taste and texture.
- Cashews: I used salted cashews for this recipe so as to add a bit extra taste – you should utilize unsalted in the event you like.
- Sliced almonds – Pre-sliced almonds make it tremendous fast so as to add to this recipe – you possibly can chop your individual from entire if that’s all you’ve got.
- Coconut flakes – To actually make this granola sugar free, use unsweetened coconut flakes. Sweetened are yummy too, in the event you don’t thoughts the teeny little bit of added sugar.
- Cinnamon – provides heat to the flavour profile of this granola.
- Egg whites – these are the important thing ingredient to getting a crunchy granola with out sugar.
- Coconut oil – provides a pleasant taste and helps to crunch up the oats
- Vanilla extract – makes every thing style higher!
Tips on how to Make Crunchy Sugar Free Granola
Making sugar-free granola may be tough. That’s as a result of granola’s crunch often comes from heating sugar. The longer sugar is heated, the crunchier your meals will get (suppose onerous sweet, brittle stage.) The decrease the warmth of your sugar, the chewier one thing is (factor granola bars, vs. granola.) So, the query on my thoughts was, how can we get crunchy granola with NO SUGAR in any respect? The reply is: egg whites!
- Combine. First combine collectively all of the dry components, Be at liberty to experiment with quite a lot of nuts and seeds. (you possibly can attempt almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, and cashews.)
- Whip. In a separate mixing bowl, whip the egg whites till comfortable peaks fashioned. This can take about 5 minutes.
- Fold. Fold the egg whites into the dry combination, then stir within the melted coconut oil and vanilla.
- Bake. Unfold the oat combination onto a baking sheet and bake stirring about each 20 minutes to keep away from the highest layer from getting too brown and to make it crunchy all through.
Is Unsweetened Granola Wholesome?
Granola itself is nutritious and filling. The issue is, a whole lot of industrial varieties and even selfmade recipes add plenty of sugar in several varieties, making it a much less wholesome alternative than you would possibly suppose. My sugar free granola recipe offers you:
- complicated carbohydrates for power
- fiber for intestine well being
- protein for staying full, constructing muscle
- wholesome fat to assist cell perform
Does Granola Spike Your Blood Sugar?
Oats are a decrease glycemic index meals which implies that they don’t naturally spike blood sugar in comparison with a whole lot of different meals. Additionally they have a excessive fiber content material which helps to manage blood sugars.
This recipe specifically does an important job with regulating blood sugars as a result of there isn’t any added sugar, and the opposite components add protein and wholesome fat which assist to additional stabilize your blood sugar.
Is Granola or Oatmeal Higher for You?
Each granola and oatmeal are a wholesome breakfast possibility – relying on how they’re made and what different issues are added to them. The most important downfall of each granola and oatmeal are added sweeteners! Making your individual granola or oatmeal at residence permits you to management all the components and add your individual wholesome choices.
Extra Low Sugar Recipes
Preheat oven to 225 levels F.
In massive bowl, mix oats, nuts, coconut and cinnamon.
In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites till comfortable peaks type. Fold egg whites into dry oat combination. Stir gently till dry combination is coated.
Soften coconut oil in a microwave secure bowl. Mix with vanilla extract and stir into oat combination.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Pour oat combination onto the baking sheet.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 60 minutes, stirring each twenty minutes or till it’s as crunchy as you prefer it. The granola will get extra crunchy because it cools.
Retailer in an hermetic container for 1-2 weeks.
Serving: 0.5cups | Energy: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here one can find plenty of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your youngsters to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and plenty of sources for feeding your loved ones.