Millie and I like to bake. However anybody who shares a kitchen with a 3 12 months previous is aware of that you simply’ve gotta maintain issues brief and candy. There’s normally a 15-20 minute time-frame that she’s tremendous invested in, after which she’ll search for at me and say Are we finished but?!?!
This shortbread recipe is very easy to place collectively and when you might simply lower it into rectangles with a knife or fast circles with the rim of a glass or jar, you too can mess around with shapes when you have cookie cutters. We not too long ago inherited my mother’s cookie cutter assortment from my childhood, so Millie has been excited to play with them. Meals coloring and sprinkles are non-compulsory too!
Simple Shortbread Cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter, comfortable however not melted
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream butter and powdered sugar along with a mixer (I exploit my stand mixer).
- Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt, mixing totally.
- Combine dry components into butter and sugar–do a number of additions, mixing effectively between every.
- Separate and add meals coloring, if desired.
- Place dough on effectively floured floor and knead to mix. Roll out and lower into shapes, 1/4″-1/2″ thick. Sprinkles!
- Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 14-16 minutes at 350°F.
- Let cool on cooling wrack.
Nothing to reveal.